Ground Turkey Pasta Soup
Author: Primavera Kitchen
This delicious Ground Turkey Pasta Soup has an awesome texture and flavourful. It is gluten free and loaded with ground turkey, celery, carrots and yellow peppers.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
- ½ lb extra-lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown rice pasta
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- In a large pot over high heat, add olive oil. When the pan and the oil are hot, turn the heat down to medium.
- Add ground turkey and garlic. Stir occasionally and cook for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add onions, celery, yellow peppers and carrots.
- Cook until onions are gold brown.
- Add broth, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Bring it to a boil.
- Add the brown rice pasta, cover and cook according to the package instructions.
- Taste and add any extra seasonings, if necessary. Serve topped with fresh parsley.