Buffalo Wing Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ½ cup onion, diced finely
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¾ cup carrot shavings (use a vegetable peeler to make shavings)
- 1 cup celery, sliced thinly
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, leaves removed to form cups
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo wing sauce
- Blue cheese crumbles or blue cheese dressing to drizzle over the top (see Note)
- In a large skillet, saute the onions over medium heat until soft (3-4 minutes). Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add ground turkey, season with a dash of salt and pepper, brown meat and cook until cooked through. Drain any grease if necessary.
- Return meat to pan and stir in the wing sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Prepare lettuce cups. Place spoonful of meat into lettuce cup, top with a few carrot shavings and chopped celery. Sprinkle with some blue cheese crumbles and/or dressing. Wrap up and start eating!Instructions: Note: I used some blue cheese crumbles and a tablespoon of Litehouse Bleu Cheese Vinaigrette just like my SIL, but don’t feel like you have to have the dressing to make these…they are good with just the crumbles too.